Losing a loved one is quite a difficult phase for anyone. While you have to deal with the loss, you will also have to plan the funeral and other formalities related to it. Planning memorial programs is one of the ceremonies. It may be overwhelming to deal with this aspect while grieving. But with a little planning, you can design the right celebration of life invitation. With this article, we are trying to make your difficult journey more manageable by giving a few steps to writing memorial programs.
What is a memorial program?
When you lose a loved one and are conducting a funeral service in their honor, you will have to write a memorial program. Generally, this program is written by the funeral home director or friends and loved ones of the person who passed. Many prefer to write their memorial programs as this adds a personal touch to the event. It also helps members feel closer to their loved ones and helps them through their grieving process.
What details should a memorial program have?
A celebration of life invitation includes the following information:
- Full name of the person name who passed (Maiden name should be included)
- Date and time of birth and death
- Venue and time of the funeral
- Names of the family members
- Details of pallbearers and the priest who will be overlooking the ceremony
- Name of the person who will be delivering the eulogy
- Details of the song being sung/music being played.
You can also include details such as photographs of the person who passed, their career/personal life achievements, a short biography, notes from family and friends, etc. There are a lot of options. It depends on you what you wish to include.
How to write a celebration of life invitation?
Here are a few tips to help you through the process:
- Decide on what aspects you want to include in the memorial program. You can sit with the immediate family and decide on a blueprint.
- Gather all the information you can about the person who passed. You can talk to family, friends, colleagues and ask their help to gather all the necessary information.
- Decide on a deadline to print the program. You should gather all the information before this deadline. This will make the whole process easier for you.
- Once you have all the material ready, the next step is to find someone who will print the program for you. Fortunately, you needn’t step out of the house to get this done. Many online websites are there to help you out with this aspect.
- You can log in to websites that print and deliver memorial programs. Here you will find a range of layouts, designs, font, and text options. You can select the option that you feel is best suitable for the occasion.
- Once you finalize and place the order, the company will make sure that your order is printed and delivered on time.
While the death of a loved one is quite difficult, following the above few steps will make the journey a little easier for you as you plan the funeral and formalities around it.
Leave a Reply