A chillum pipe is a type of smoking pipe of clay or stone. It is used to smoke tobacco and has been around for centuries. Chillums are often passed around in groups and can be fun to smoke with friends. The first thing to know is, what is a chillum and what is it made of?
History of Chillum Pipe
Chillum pipes are ancient smoking devices that come in all shapes and sizes. They were used mainly by holy men, like the Hindu monks and the Native Americans. These days they can be found anywhere but most commonly in places where smoking marijuana or tobacco is regular.
The Chillum is usually made of clay, though sometimes a stone will also do the trick. They often feature a long tube that is lined with screens at both ends so that you can pack in your herb and light it from either side without getting burned or inhaling too much ash into your lungs when taking drags on one end while holding the other over an open flame like a lighter or matchbook.
It is best to use a chillum pipe with tobacco or marijuana. If you want to smoke weed, make sure your pipe bowl has enough room for all the herbs you will be smoking in one session. Don’t overpack it so that there isn’t any space between each piece of cannabis flower because this can lead to inhaling.
How to Use Chillum?
1. If you are using a chillum for the first time, it is essential to learn how to use it properly. When smoking a chillum pipe, take small puffs and do not inhale too deeply. It will help prevent coughing and other discomforts. When packing your herb into the pipe bowl, make sure that it is tightly packed. It helps ensure that smoking is smooth and cool.
2. Once you have lit your chillum pipe, start taking slow drags. You’ll want to hold each breath for as long as possible before exhaling it through your nose or mouth. Try not to take any more than two puffs at a time so that the smoke does not become too harsh on your lungs and throat.
3. Remove the screen from one end of your chillum pipe and place it over an open flame such as a lighter or matchbook. It will heat the herbs inside so that they’re ready to be smoked when you’re ready. Pack more herbs into the bowl with fingers while holding down some already packed tobacco before lighting again if needed.
4. When you’re finished smoking, carefully extinguish the flame on your chillum pipe and then remove the screen from the other end. Gently blow out any remaining embers or coals before putting your pipe away.
5. Always remember to pack out your chillum pipe when you finish smoking. It means removing all herbs from the bowl and screens and then cleaning it with a brush or rubbing alcohol. Leaving your pipe uncleaned will only result in it becoming dirty and clogged, which is not very pleasant for future use.
Now that you know what is a chillum and how you can use it, find the suitable device that serves your needs. If you want to experience a fun and unique way to smoke tobacco or marijuana with your friends, then a chillum pipe is the way to go! These pipes are super easy to use and provide a smooth, relaxed smoking experience every time. Just make sure you pack it correctly and take small puffs to avoid any discomfort.