So you’ve decided to try your hand at baking. You want to make something special for a loved one, or maybe you just want to give cooking a shot. If you’ve got all the ingredients together but you’re still confused whether you’ll get everything right, read on. Baking for the very first time can be scary, but it doesn’t have to be.
Here are some amazing tips that will help you bake the perfect treats for the first time:
1. Preheat your oven: Being prepared is the best way to make sure you don’t ruin that cake or batch of cookies. While preparing your ingredients, turn on your oven and let it heat at the temperature called for in the recipe. This will ensure even cooking and pretty baked goods!
2. Grease your baking pans properly: This is one of the most important tips on how to bake for the first time. When you grease a pan, make sure that all of it gets covered or you will end up with stuck-on bits no matter how long you let it cook!
3. Use an oven thermometer: – Baking is a science process so being precise with time, temperature, and ingredients is important. Using an oven thermometer will help you maintain accurate readings.
4. Remember to pre-measure your ingredients: Don’t start baking only to realize halfway through that you are out of eggs! Make sure all your baking needs are accounted for before you begin. Don’t forget the party treat cups or baking gloves either!
Image source: Pom Pom Party
5. Use fresh and dry ingredients: Baking is a science and in order to get the perfect treat, your ingredients need to be just right. Using fresh ingredients will ensure that they are not too wet or too dry for your cookies/cupcakes/loaf breads etc.
6. Read through the recipe before you start: This seems like a no brainer, but you would be surprised at the number of people that start baking without even glancing at the steps or ingredients. Also make sure to measure out your ingredients to ensure they are accurate.
7. Prepare your work space before starting: The last thing you want is to have spills and messes all over your clean kitchen. This will make your baking process that much more complicated and stressful. Make sure to put down a towel and clear off all of the dishes you need before you begin!
8. Most importantly: Have fun and enjoy yourself! The whole point of baking is to create something wonderful, so don’t get stressed out if it doesn’t turn out the way you want the first time around. There’s always next time!
9. If something does go wrong, don’t give up: If your cookies didn’t turn out like you planned, don’t get discouraged and throw them all away. Fix them with add-ins such as nuts or chocolate chips. You can even try adding a delicious glaze to make the situation a little better. And if it’s a complete disaster, you can always go out for a bite!