Is there another quick and easy meal that’s more satisfying than a good beef taco? From a quick lunch to a chilled supper, you can eat beef tacos at any time of the day. Thanks to their combination of protein, carbohydrates, and fiber, they can be quite nutritious too.
When it comes to making beef tacos at home, there’s nothing simpler than these three easy griddle beef tacos recipes.
Why Use a Griddle Pan?
When cooking up some beef tacos, you may automatically reach for the frying pan or grill. However, using a high-quality griddle pan will give you tastier results with a lot less effort.
Much like a hotplate, except with ridges, a griddle has a large metal cooking surface and is placed directly over a heat source. Unlike hotplates, however, griddles are mostly rectangular. They will vary in size according to whether they’re for home or commercial cooking or for indoor or outdoor use. They also vary in quality, ranging from non-stick to cast iron.
The ridges of a griddle pan don’t just create pretty grill marks in the food you’re cooking; they make it more flavorful and ensure that cooking happens above rendered fat, not in it like a frying pan or flat hotplate. If you want tastier food that’s also healthier, a griddle pan should be your number one choice.
The most versatile and inexpensive griddle pans are made from cast-iron, like this example here. Non-stick alternatives are also popular, but a cast iron pan will make food more flavorful and will last for a substantially longer time.
3 Easy Griddle Beef Taco Recipes to Try
1. Quick n Easy Ground Beef Tacos
For a quick taco fix, you really can’t go wrong with this classic recipe. Eat as an anytime snack, or add chips, guacamole, and dessert churros for a complete Mexican street food meal.
- 1lb x ground bef
- 1 x cup salsa
- 1 x cup cheese
- 1 x tbsp taco seasoning
- ½ x head shredded cabbage
- 1 ½ x cup sour cream
- 12 x corn tortillas
- 1 x large diced tomato
1. Heat the griddle pan over medium-high heat. Add taco seasoning, ground beef, and salsa, cooking until meat is brown. Remove from the griddle pan.
2. Place corn tortillas on the griddle, using the juices from the beef or a slice of butter for extra crispiness.
3. Dust the top of each tortilla with a small handful of cheese, add the cooked ground beef, and continue to griddle until the tortillas get crispy.
4. Add the tomato, cabbage, and sour cream. Use a spatula to fold tortillas and griddle for a further 1-2 minutes, or until the desired shape is achieved.
2. Easy Blackstone Steak Tacos
This authentic Blackstone Steak Taco recipe is served daily on the cooking carts of Mexico and Central and South America.
- 2 x pounds flank steak
- 24 x corn tortillas
- 2 x tbsp cooking oil
- 1 x lime
- 1 x tsp cumin
- ½ x tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 x tsp salt
- 1 x tsp pepper
1. Mix together dry ingredients in a small bowl and set to the side
2. Cutting against the grain, cut the steak into half-inch strips
3. Pour the mixture onto the steak strips in a bowl, mixing until the meat is evenly coated. Cover with plastic wrap then refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
4. Place a griddle pan over a high heat. Cut the lime in half, then place both halves on the griddle, face down.
5. When the desired temperature is reached, pour the oil onto the griddle, quickly followed by the steak. Spread evenly and allow to cook for 2 minutes before flipping.
6. Remove the lime halves from the griddle and squeeze the remaining juice onto the meat. Finish cooking for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the beef from the griddle.
7. Lay tortillas flat to heat up, flipping once and heating 20 seconds per side. Remove from the pan.
8. Layer strips of the cooked meat onto the tortillas, topping with cheese and your favorite taco toppings.
3. Easy Carne Asada Tacos
Another quick and easy authentic Mexican street food recipe, these mouthwatering carne asada tacos are topped off with cilantro and fresh lime juice for mouthwatering flavor.
- 1 ½ x lbs skirt steak, cut into ½ inch strips
- 12 x mini flour tortillas
- 2 x tbsp soy sauce
- 2 x tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 x tbsp canola oil
- 3 x minced garlic cloves
- 2 x tsp chili powder
- 1 x tsp ground cumin
- 1 x tsp dried oregano
- 1 x lime, cut into wedges
- ¾ x cup diced red onion
- ½ x cup fresh chopped cilantro
1. Combine soy sauce, 1 tbsp canola oil, lime juice, chili powder, garlic, oregano, and cumin in a large bowl.
2. Add the steak strips to the mixture, stirring to ensure even coating. Cover and let marinate for 1 to 4 hours.
3. Heat remaining tbsp canola oil in a griddle pan over a medium-high heat.
4. Add the steak and marinade, stirring often until steak has browned and marinate has reduced – appx. 5-6 minutes. Remove from the pan.
5. Use the remainder of the steak juice and marinade to warm the tortillas, turning once.
6. Place tortillas on a plate, add the steak strips, onion, cilantro, and lime wedges. Serve piping hot.
Good Food Made Easy
So, there we have it! Three quick, easy, and thoroughly delicious beef taco recipes to try cooking at home with your griddle pan. Once you’ve mastered these, there are plenty of other recipes that you can try out with your griddle,e from pancakes to full English breakfasts, hot sandwiches, and burgers too.
Leave a Reply