It just so happens in the world, that every living creature needs some form of care or the other. In most cases, those creatures, be it animals or vegetation’s, with better care, turn out better than those with poor or no care at all.
One of the things dear to lots of people and is found in many households is a pet dog which in most cases, becomes an integral part of the family. These pets also require good care and nurture to be able to function and develop well, especially when they develop one health condition or the other.
In situations like this, the need for a viable treatment option becomes urgent. This has led to the popularity of CBD oil and its other allied products as the ultimate go-to product for the treatment of your pet.
The popularity of this product however, should not bar one from taking the proverbial look, before leaping into decisions.
What Is CBD?
This is one of the compounds that make up the hemp plant. This cannabidiol and the other components that make up the hemp plant have their various potential abilities, especially as it relates to health and treatment purposes. More research is however needed to determine their various particular uses and functions.
The particular thing about the CBD, which stands for cannabidiol and which also is one of the major components of the hemp plant, is that it is non-psychoactive. This means in simple English, that it doesn’t get you high, you can read more about it here.
How Does It Work?
Generally, mammals (of which humans are part of) have endocannabinoid systems that are similar and various researches have shown that its ability to interact with this body system is the key to its efficacy. By its ability to interact with the endocannabinoid receptors that are in the central and peripheral nervous systems, it is able to maintain body balance and general health.
Research has shown that this is true for every mammal including dogs and your other pets.
What Dog Health Conditions Can It Be Used For?
It is effective in the treatment of a number of health conditions. Some of these include:
- Arthritis: This condition usually affects the aging and large breed species. While there is no known cure for this condition which would only get worse as time goes on, it helps to manage the pain and the other side effects.
- Cancer: Again, this is another condition that normally would keep deteriorating as time goes on and is a painful condition for your canine. However, while not a complete cure, CBD oil helps with its different symptoms, it even helps to slow down tumor growths.
- Obesity: This is a condition that should not be allowed to grow in your pet because, the more weight they put on, the greater the strain on their joints, making them prone to other conditions like the arthritis. However, this product helps with their general appetite and can also help in breaking down their body’s fat contents.
- Anxiety and Stress: Conditions such as these may manifest itself in dogs as a result of some previous occurrences e.g. separation anxiety etc. However, this product helps to maintain their serotonin levels which help make them feel calm and relaxed.
- Seizure Attacks: One of its most common and potent properties is its ability to manage seizure attacks. It has natural anti-convulsant properties and is similarly effective for body tremors and muscle spasms.
You can find out more at https://www.petmd.com/dog/general-health/cannabis-oil-dogs-everything-you-need-know.
Does It Have Side Effects?
The short answer to this question is maybe.
This is because dogs differ as do their responses to treatments. Thus, while some will generally just respond well to treatment, other will respond well to treatment but might experience challenges like slight dizziness, nausea and vomiting, slight cases of diarrhea, itchiness and low blood pressure.
However, when compared to the normal and more mainstream medications that are usually prescribed by Veterinary doctors, they have far fewer and milder side effects. Generally, cannabinoids dogs have been known to be effective with little to no side effects.
This however, does not mean that you should discount what your veterinary doctor says. Rather, you are to listen to your vet’s advice and guidelines. This is especially important since there are no prescribed dosages on how it is to be taken.
The health of your dog, as part of you and your family’s life is very important. You therefore need to do your utmost to ensure they are kept healthy at all times.
Part of doing your utmost is looking out for good treatment options that are effective; one of which is the CBD oil.