Home furniture online buying is both easy as well as risky. On the screen what looks right for you may not be the perfect choice. Not able to feel the quality of the furniture or the texture of the furnishing can lead to impulsive buying by falling for the look of the item. Choosing the right colour involves a lot of challenge as the right shade may not match with what one seeks in the actual product. Some expert tips if remembered while choosing the home furniture online will go a long way. The most important tip remains not to choose on the basis of price but on the basis of quality. The other pointers to keep an eye for is mentioned below.
- Know the wood type: Wooden furniture are of three types which are veneers, composite wood and solid wood. The solid wood pieces of furniture are very expensive and look very nice. However, it is prone to scratches. Veneers on the other hand come with a not so expensive wood which has improved quality of wood covering it in several layers. Composite wood pieces are created from a mixture of plastics, resin and ofcourse wood pulp. This is the cheapest piece of furniture but will not hold strong in the long run.
- Choose as per your lifestyle: The individual’s lifestyle must always decide on what colours and fabric that one must choose. If we have a child in the house, there is no use settling for a pristine white sofa which will become black in no time. Same is with the case of pets. In case there is a playful dog in the house a lovely suede couch will be ripped in many places in no time. So with children and with pets it is important to stick to dark colours and fabrics that are stain resistant.
- Be realistic while experimenting with colours: A lovely green corduroy armchair looks fascinating on the mobile screen. Once it is brought home, we do up the walls of the rooms and buy other stuff equally bold and bright. Soon one gets tired of the vibrant colours and we sell of this item for an armchair of neutral colours. So, it is best to be prudent while choosing sofa online in India. For the large pieces of furniture it is always best to stick to neutral colours. The bold colours can be saved for the smaller decorative pieces in the room.
- Drawers and Cabinets to be checked: After procuring a cupboard or a set of drawers online, we must make sure that the drawers come out smoothly when pulled, latches in a proper manner and shuts evenly. The handles and the knobs must work well too and should fit tightly.
- Closely inspect the legs: A piece of furniture is as strong as its legs. The legs are better if heavy and joined to the mainframe that a chair or sofa has, instead of being nailed. Metal legs can spoil the carpets. It is always best when the legs are made of wood.
Therefore, home furniture online buying is an exciting exercise and requires a lot of planning and thought as well.
To read more on topics like this, check out the home & garden category.
Leave a Reply