Our lives are entangled around gadgets, and these gadgets find themselves entangled with loads of cables. As irritating as it may be to have these loops of wires, it is the truth of the hour that your electronics get their much-needed fuel via these cords.
Getting rid of them is not an option. However, they can be improved. No, no, we do not mean venturing into the array of electric improvement by yourself, what we mean is decorating them and rather justifying their presence beautifully.
Following are a few helpful tips that would ensure that your cables don’t spoil your look or mood:
- Organize: The first step towards getting rid of these ugly nests is to organize each strand of those wires you have no idea about. Pick them up and spread them over a table. Try to decode their purpose, origin, and utility. In this process, you would understand if you even need those, to begin with.
- Label: After you have removed all the ugly wires you do not need, you would have only the wires that are necessary. Now, you must label those wires as per their need. For instance, all the wires that go on the same floor should be separated. You could use DIY labels to name their categories. According to these categories, you can then start binding them or securing them in the right spot. The right spot can be behind the desk, under the carpet, or anywhere your wires can be disguised into a hidden loop.
- Cable covers: The best way to secure cables is by using cable covers. In the process of binding them, you may break their delicate wires. In the process of pasting them to the wall using adhesives, you may end up making a bigger mess with the paint of the wall. Thus, smart and affordable cable covers are always a better way to go about organizing, labeling, and securing these cords.
You should, however, make sure that your cable covers are flexible and sturdy so that they can retain the natural shape of the wire. At the same time, also keep them stuck, to avail of such good cable covers, you should only consider specialists such as TripSafe cable protectors.
- Cordless: The best way to get rid of these cables is to go for cordless devices. The more wires you have at your place, the more would be your need and patience to organize them. However, with the advent of wireless TV, phones, etc., if you are up for it, you could get rid of them all, plus give you house this much-needed reinvented look.
- Hangers: In case you do not want to go through all the above, you could consider changing your cables down the nails strategically dug into your walls for this very purpose. This doesn’t do much to your house’s charm but can hold the wire in place for the time being you are busy. You could also place the nails in a way that they outline the walls, and thus, the wires wouldn’t look so bad. If executed properly, this may look like a silhouette of your house while also restoring the order back into your place with confined cables.
Please note that whatever method you choose to secure your cords in place needs to be on par with your lifestyle. If you have chosen to hide the cords under the floor carpet and you have toddlers at home, this may not be a good idea. With elderlies at home too, you may risk trips and falls with uneven surfaces. We hope you make a wise decision. Stay safe!