Just yesterday when my husband, son, and I were heading on the tram to fetch our daughter from her gymnastics academy, we arrived with a sweet scent in the air.
You see her training center is separated by a 3-car parking lot area from a state of the art football pitch, the kinds you see on TV with the manicured edges and symmetry of lines flowing up and down as far as the eye can see.
But what we were blessed with was the aroma of fresh blades of grass having their hair cut, a joy to those who know what it’s like to arrive early to sports matches, or waking up before the birds to a dewy garden crisp with droplets on the pristine lawn. Yes, I may sound like I’ve found the winning lottery ticket but until you sense it, you’ll never know.
Having a home or a house where the greenery is taken care of and looked after, a regular maintenance plan ensuring you are always ready for those unexpected ‘judgy’ family members who can’t seem to stay away, is a simple design element that can transform an overall look within a day.
The care and attention that I have seen our garden care company take when it comes to sorting out the backyard never cease to amaze me. See some great transformation images here https://www.pinterest.co.uk/rochellegreayer/before-after-garden-makeovers/ for inspiration when it comes time for your next project.
It always looks a shambles when they are busy, then I go inside to make a cup of tea for everyone and when I come out my garden area looks like a centerfold for house and home magazine. Stunning. Sorcery I am happy to partake in.
5 Advantages of having your lawn manicured and maintained by professionals.
Besides the fact that you get to simply sit with your feet up and watch the garden experts trim and tack the foliage into elegant shapes and sizes all the while sipping a cold glass of wine, there are plenty more reasons so let’s take a quick look.
- Time. This is something we seem to never have enough of, and if you’re like me that has a household full of kids and a husband to match then you’ll know that time is not on your side when it comes to fitting in a garden mow into the schedule. Take the weight off your shoulders and let the pros do what they know best.
- Quality. I can preach to this because if you have ever come around our house when my other half has got his DIY cap on, decided to ‘landscape’ the garden after watching too many YouTube videos, and has his mindset, it’s not a good look. Besides looking less like a garden when he began, the heat of the day has him stopping halfway through.
- Over-deliver. A great perk to have in a qualified and reliable company like Mr Lawn who has qualifications in not only using a lawnmower, but trimming, edging, and even pruning trees and shrubs if need be. Chatting to them about what you need beforehand can give you great peace of mind and you’ll know you’re in safe hands.
- Knowledge. You may consider a professional firm hire a luxury, but if you are completely unaware of what needs to be done to properly grow and care for your lawn you could end up doing more damage than before. There are products targeted for specific purposes and they are trained in knowing when to use which and for what.
- Aesthetic. This goes without saying, similar to coming out of the salon. When you look good you feel good, thus when looking out to the yard or hosting a summer night dinner and the grass is top-notch the neighbors will be knocking on the door for the number for who you use. That or jealous sideway glances, either way, it’s a win-win.
Ok, so you have decided to go for it, it is an investment after all into the overall value of your home, financially and aesthetically, now comes the tough choice of knowing what to look for in a company to suit you.
Features to consider when ‘shopping’ for a garden maintenance company.
If we had our way we would opt only for hot summer days and the work to be carried out by Italians with an accent, am I right ladies? But alas I don’t think this will down as well with our partners so, fewer looks and more skills might be the best answer. (Boo)
The old school method, and quickest essentially, is asking family and friends who they use and are happy with, this way you know what you are getting yourself in for and family would have no issue to state a complaint if need be and what to look out for.
Then there is the new-age way of going online, most business who pride themselves in their work will be registered in service directories and have their website with testimonials and images to represent their work. Writing down options and comparing prices can give you a quick insight into costs and services available filtering down into what you’re looking for.
See some tips in this link if you are new to all this and just beginning the care routine of your newly purchased home, simply jotting down what you think you are looking for is a great way to start in seeing who offers the necessary services.
The small details but still important are seeing how well they have designed their site, is it easy to navigate, or are their big flashy banners blinding you any which way you look at it? It shows their attention to details and a sign of the quality of service you are likely to receive.
Do they have easy to find contact details in case of an issue, a review section from satisfied customers?
The main objective is to get the job done right the first time around, take a minute, and do your homework, it will be worth it in the long run.