Humans always prefer tropical and subtropical climates for residence. This is because the warm and dry climate is comfortable and healthy. But this climate is also favorable for pests. Most of the common pests seen in Austin, TX thrive in this climate. Eradication of this hardship is often a hectic task and requires assistance from an Austin pest control company.
Different Types of Pests
The most commonly seen pests in and around Austin are:
- Bed bugs
- Fire ants
- Carpenter ants
There are also other variations of less common insects that do damage to your property. It can be seen that all the above-mentioned pests, any pest for that matter, require a warm ambient temperature to survive, and Austin is providing exactly that. Nevertheless, you can find solutions to get rid of pest infestation with the help of an Austin pest control company.
When Do Pests Infest Homes the Most?
To answer this question, you need to know that it is the winter season that gets the highest number of calls for pest control. This points to the simple fact that like humans, insects and rodents also are seeking warmth and that’s why they infest homes.
- Clothes, cotton beds, and wood ceilings of your house imitate the ambient condition like in the wild. It attracts pests of all sorts.
- Humans and pets are good hosts for some blood-sucking insects and ticks.
- Unsanitary conditions and standing water can also attract a lot of pests.
How Can Pest Infestation Be Prevented?
There are many simple steps you can take to avoid pest infestation. To list out some basics:
- Keep the house and surroundings clean. Mopping and proper waste disposal are mandatory.
- Do not let water stand. Drain the pool if not in use.
- Do not keep pet food out in the open for long.
- Seal all leaks and clean the basement frequently.
- Avoid keeping firewood near the house. Keep it elevated from the ground.
- Mow your yard constantly. Do not let the bushes grow out of control.
- Do not keep doors, windows, lids of food jars, or anything else ajar. If possible, keep all food items closed in airtight jars.
- Bathe your pets regularly.
Hiring an expert Austin pest control company can help train you and your family with much more advanced preventive methods. Build a team with well-known pest control companies to keep your property free of pests.